Monday, January 11, 2010

Official Rejection



This week’s shipment of submissions will put me past the 50 mark. That’s 50 film festival submissions. Wow. I don’t think I’ve ever submitted that much before. We’ll see if it pans out. Over the next month or so, I’ll see if I made something that gets into the big festivals. As I said before, I never really tried that hard. I finally have a movie that looks and feels like a “film festival” movie. Then again, I have received my first official rejection…which is a natural segue into:


OFFICIAL REJECTION is a DVD I got for Xmas and I’ve watched it 3 times. As I gear up for a real festival run in 2010, the gift was apropos. For anyone intending to do film festivals, I cannot recommend this enough. This documentary has a ton of good information and examples of good and bad festival experiences.



Bryan Singer (X-Men), Jenna Fisher (The Office), Lloyd Kaufman (Troma), Kevin Smith (Clerks), Chris Gore (Film Threat), and Andy Dick (Newsradio) are all interviewed, and in the 2 disc version they have extended interviews with several of them too.

It looks very possible they got the laurel leaves from the Sonnyboo downloads!